We marked our first year as Viatris in November 2021 and celebrated the collaboration and
extraordinary work to advance on our mission. That shared purpose motivates us to bring
our best every day and create a performance-driven, highly engaging and inclusive
organization. We are laying the foundation for the kind of healthcare company we want to
be and building a culture that positions Viatris as more than just a place to work – it’s a place to make a difference.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Understanding and embracing what makes everyone and their circumstances unique is fundamental to our success. Norms and structures may hinder equal opportunities and prevent people and organizations from reaching their full potential. That applies to our own organization and communities alike, and employees rightfully expect equal and inclusive workplaces.
We have established multi-year organizational goals for DE&I to foster greater diversity and representation within our business. To help accelerate the work, we are putting plans in place and forming a Diversity Council to bring together leaders from across our business.
Our initial companywide goals in DE&I are:
• Engage at least 90% of employees globally on diversity, equity and inclusion learning by the end of 2023.
• Increase diversity in management:
• Increase Women’s representation in senior management globally to at least 35% by the end of 2027.
• At least double Black representation in all management levels in the U.S. by the end of 2027.
• At least double Hispanic/Latinx representation in senior management in the U.S. by the end of 2027.
Together, we’re creating a positive work environment, where values, integrity and dignity are respected, and equal opportunities exist for all. Discrimination and harassment are strictly prohibited, and all employees receive annual training on this topic. You can read more about our commitment in our Global Policy on Diversity and Inclusion.